Parsun outboards / Island Inflatables Limited Warranty Policy.
Owner registration and identification:
Upon purchasing a Parsun Outboard or Island Marine product be sure to fill out the warranty card supplied with your instruction manual and mail it back to:
Parsun Outboards / Island Inflatables Australia
5/800 Old Illawarra rd
This card Identifies you as the legal owner of the product/s and serves as your warranty registration. If this procedure is not followed, your outboard motor or boat will not be covered by warranty.
Parsun Outboard Limited Warranty Policy:
Parsun product's are fully guaranteed against defective materials and workmanship for the period from the date of purchase, provided that the purchase has been registered in accordance with the above.
The limited warranty will not apply to the normal wear and tear of parts, adjustments, tune-ups or to any damage caused by, but not limited to:
- Use or operation NOT conforming to the instructions described in the owner's manual.
- Participation for racing or other competitive activities.
- Water entering the engine.
- Contaminated fuel.
- Damage from accidents, collisions, contact with foreign materials, or submersion.
- Growth of marine organisms on the motor surfaces.
- Any other careless use or operation.
- Normal deterioration.
- Not keeping to the recommended service schedule.
The limited warranty does not cover maintenaince items. The following items are a few examples not covered by the limited warranty:
Spark plugs, Anodes, trim tabs, propellor, fuel filter, oil filter, carbon brushes, starter rope, shear pin, bolt nut washer, wire cable, rubber goods: Impellor, oil seals, "O"rings, fuel hose, primer bulbs, vinyl tube etc.
The limited warranty will become viod if the product has ben altered, modified or repaired by anyone other than a company or service firm authorized by Parsun.
The limited warranty will cover only your Parsun product and will not cover the boat the product is mounted on, the trailer, equipment or accessories associated with the product.
The limited warranty will only cover the repairs acknowledged by the warranty not any transport, Haul-out, launching, storage charge, telephone or rental charges of any type, inconvenience, or loss of time and income.
Period of limited warranty:
Private use: 2 years from date of purchase.
Non-private use: If any Product is purchased or used for rental or other commercial purposes, or for/by a corporation, partnership, company, organization or association including without limitation camps, clubs, resorts, schools, or the like, then the term of this Limited Warranty is limited to a period of 6 months after the date of original retail purchase.
PLEASE NOTE: Warranty will only cover Parsun Outboard's that have been purchased through Parsun Outboards Australia dealership network. Rebranded or Grey (Backdoor) imports are not covered by this warranty. Please make sure your buying your Parsun Outboard off a Genunie and registered "Parsun Dealership". To make sure you are purchasing of a Registered Parsun Dealership feel free to contact the Australian national distributor on (02) 9532-0002.
Island Inflatables Limited Warranty Policy.
1. We warranty each new Island Inflatable boat, thereto (hereafter referred to as "Product") manufactured by us, to be free from defects in material and workmanship.
2. This warranty shall become effective only upon receipt of a completed Owner warranty registration card, which shall identity the Products so registered by the HIN (Hull Identification Number). The original receipt of purchase will be required upon submission of a Warranty claim and must clearly detail the date of purchase, the store where it was purchased, the product that was purchased and the sales receipt number. Manufacturer is not responsible for lost or misdirected mail and/or illegible registrations.
3.1. This warranty is as follows: A 3 year guarantee on the base fabric and 3 year on the seams that the fabric of which the Product is manufactured will maintain its original purpose under normal conditions during such period.
3.2. If any Product is purchased or used for rental or other commercial purposes, or for/by a corporation, partnership, company, organization or association including without limitation camps, clubs, resorts, schools, or the like, then the term of this Limited Warranty is limited to a period of 6 months after the date of original retail purchase.
4. Since this warranty applies to defects in material and workmanship, it does not apply to normal worn fabric or wood finishes or to damage caused by:
4.A. Neglect, lack of maintenance, accident, abnormal operation, racing competition or commercial services.
4.B. Use of an accessory or part not manufactured or sold by Island Inflatables.
This warranty also does NOT cover:
4.1. Normal discolouration, dulling, or crazing of the fabric;
4.2. Abrasions, tears, or punctures;
4.3. Normal colour fading;
4.4. Damage to or deterioration of the fabric due to UV exposure;
4.5. Damage or deterioration of the fabric due to exposure to fuel, harsh solvents, or other chemicals;
4.6. Seam separation due to heat exposure.
This warranty does NOT cover product that:
4.7. Has not been assembled, used, and maintained in accordance with the instructions or owner's manual accompanying the Product;
4.8. Has been damaged in an accident;
4.9. Has been abused, misused or improperly operated;
4.10. Has been repaired, modified or tampered with by someone other than Manufacturer, or authorized dealership
4.11. Has been damaged as a result of shipping, warehousing, or storage.
5. This warranty will not apply to: Haul-out, launching, storage charge, telephone or rental charges of any type, inconvenience, or loss of time and income.
6. Claims shall be made under this warranty by delivering the Product for inspection to the selling dealer who will then either do the repairs or arrange for the inspection and repair, provided such service is covered under this warranty. Purchaser shall pay for all related transportation charges. All shipping expenses related to a warranty claim are the Purchaser's responsibility. If the service is not covered by this warranty, purchaser shall pay for all related labour and material and any other expenses associated with that service. Any Product or parts shipped by purchaser for inspection or repair must be shipped with transportation charges prepaid.
7. Island Inflatables obligation under this warranty shall be limited to repairing a defective part, or at our option replacing such part or parts as shall be necessary to remedy and malfunction resulting from defects in material or workmanship as covered by this warranty. We reserve the right to improve or change the design or any Product without assuming any obligation to modify and Product previously manufactured.
8. All incidental and consequential damages are excluded from this warranty. Implied warranties are limited to the life of this warranty.
Maintenance and Storage:
1. Hull and Seats. Under no circumstances should any part of the boat, specifically including the bottom thereof, be waxed or painted or cleaned with solvents. A mild detergent and tap water should be used to clean the boat. Do not store or handle the boat in extremely cold temperatures. Bright colors may fade when exposed to sunlight for prolonged periods. Your Island Inflatable boat should be stored in a covered area when not in use to prolong the life of the boat.
2. Inflatable Dinghy Tube. For long term or winter storage rinse the boat tubes with a mild detergent and tap water. Store the boat in a safe, clean and dry place. To prolong the life of the boat tubes avoid storing it in direct sunlight and contact with sharp or abrasive objects. If you store the boat with the tube inflated, release some air pressure so the tube is not inflated to its maximum.
Recognizing that boating poses a potential hazard to others. The buyer freely and willingly waives all claims to injury to himself or damage to purchased boat arising out of the improper use. Further, in consideration of the permission of use granted, buyer hereby release Island Marine Enterprises its directors, officers, representatives, agents, and employees from any and all liability for injury of any kind to buyer or to boat or other property buyer may have, incurred by reason of any act or failure to act, on buyer part, or Island Marine Enterprises, its directors, officers, representatives, agents, and employees, arising because of the use of above mentioned inflatable boat or Parsun outboard purchased.
Buyer further agree to indemnify and hold harmless Island Marine Enterprises, its directors, officers, representatives, agents, and employees from all costs, suits, judgments, damages, or expenses, direct or indirect, for injury to other persons and/or their property, including, but not limited to, loss of use incurred by reason of act or failure to act on buyer part or by reason of any act, including negligence, of Island Marine Enterprises directors, officers, representatives, agents, and employees, arising because of use inflatable boat or Parsun outboard. Buyer recognize that these provisions will cause buyer to be personally liable for his/her act or failure to act during use of inflatable boat or Parsun outboard purchased.